The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the NHS and social care, presenting both unique challenges and positive transformation opportunities for the workforce.
The NHS will not go back to ‘business as usual’ and as plans intensify to prepare the workforce for long-term recovery and reset, it is vital to address key issues, innovations and collaborations that need to be prioritised to support the workforce through the phased transition to a post-COVID-19 environment.
The 2nd HSJ Workforce Forum is an invite-only strategic event that gathers national policy makers and NHS stakeholders to debate and input into forthcoming strategies and tackle challenges to enable the sustainable transformation of the healthcare system.
Key themes include:
- Making diversity and equality the golden thread that runs through the NHS
- Building a truly just and restorative culture for staff
- Creating an effective wellbeing recovery plan to fulfil the NHS’s duty of care towards its staff
- Exploring leadership behaviours in the NHS for the next phase of recovery
- Sustaining the digital revolution post-COVID-19